Saturday, December 25, 2010

Touch Blue Finale!

As you may remember our school has been participating in a virtual inter-island book club with four other island schools. We read the book Touch Blue by Cynthia Lord. For the last month our five schools have taken turns "hosting" the book club by posting discussion questions on our groups wiki and planning activities for the students to participate in. We finished the book at the beginning of December and had all the students create a final project or paper that they could present to the rest of the students.

We were all very excited to have our final collaborative meeting through the video conferencing units with three of the other island schools. (we missed you Isle Au Haut!)
It was so amazing to see all our island friends on the big screen! Above is Cliff Island!

And look... it is the Matinicus Island School!!!

And Islesford!!!

We got to spend some time showing one another our final projects for Touch Blue.

There were some pretty cool projects!

Look at this stinkin' cool collage!


And this awesome character map!

Quinn and Dalton got to facilitate the meeting. There are such great leaders in our collaboration project. Makes me very proud.

We ended our meeting with a round of Touch Blue trivia which Dalton led. He was like a little Bob Barker!

We are so lucky to have such great schools to be collaboration with and such awesome technology that lets us work together!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is amazing! "Stinkin' amazing," even!!! Such great projects! I'm very impressed.

    I have the biggest smile on my face right now. You teachers and students have done an incredible job!

    It looks like you're done your book study, but if there is anything at all you'd like from me, just ask. A couple months ago I was asked about participating on a blog with the kids, and I said I would be delighted to do that. Then I didn't hear anything else about it. So I just want to let you know that I'd be happy to do something with your kids if you'd like. You can email me directly (cindy@cynthialord.com)

    Happy New Year to you all!

    --Cynthia Lord

    ReplyDelete