Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Meet Jorgie and Arlo!!!


So, I need to begin with a great big apology for my lack of blogging! It has been a crazy January, which is actually kind of fun because it is making the month FLY by! Last week teacher Jessie was away at a fantastic teacher conference in Boston and the kids had a blast with the best subs in the whole wide world. Then we had the long weekend and today was our FIRST day where we had ALL of us together! (And just so you know... it was an AWESOME day!)

Now that I am back in the routine I wanted to post a little bit about our two newest students, Miss Jorgie and Mr. Arlo. What a dynamic duo these two youngsters are.

Jorgie is an animal loving, bright color wearing, high jumping, hard working, strong minded, little ball of energy! It is so great to have a girl in our school! She is a great listener and loves picking things up and putting things away (and she has a teacher who LOVES her for it!) She is VERY smart and has a fantastic giggle.

And then there is Arlo! Arlo is a self proclaimed bookworm, who is one heck of an artist. He pays great attention to detail and if you have the eye strength to read his incredibly small handwriting, you will see some fantastic creative writing skills! He is a avid chess player and gets more excited to take a spelling test than any child I have ever met! He is a great addition to our gaggle of guys!


I had our fantastic teaching helper (the one and only Marjorie!) "interview" the kids awhile back, and I wanted to share those interviews with you!



Jorgie's Interview:

Question: If you could be any animal for a day, what would you be and what would you do!?

Answer: I would be a monkey, so I could swing and jump all day long!

Question: What is one difference between your school back home and the Monhegan School?

Answer: Jessie brings a dog to school!

Question: If you had ONE MILLION dollars, what would you buy?

Answer: A ceramic doll that I used to have. It fell on the floor and broke.

Question: What are you most excited about living on Monhegan?

Answer: EVERYTHING!



Arlo's Interview:

Question: What would be three words you would use to describe yourself?

Answer: Bookworm, mathematician, and crazy!

Question: If you could be any character from a book who would you be and why?

Answer: If I was a character from a book I would be Harry Potter or Percy Jackson (from The Lighting Thief). I would want to be these characters because I am reading these books right now.

Question: What do you think is the coolest part about being at the Monhegan School?

Answer: The best part is I get to have my own laptop!

Question: If you could have any superhero power in the world, what would it be?

Answer: I would want the power of Poseidon!



Well, there you have it!! We are very happy to welcome Jorgie and Arlo to our school! The rest of the year is going to ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment