Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sugarloaf: THE FOOD!

I needed to dedicate an entire blog post to the AMAZING food we had during our Sugarloaf trip... and not just at the restaurants we were FORCED to eat at (Home Kitchen Cafe we LOVE you!) but also the fabulous food prepared for us by the Isle Au Haut teachers! Wow... we have never eaten like this...

So the first night I was obviously out of it because I forgot to photograph the gorgeous taco spread Lisa from Isle Au Haut prepared for us! We had hard shells and soft shells, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, beans, beef, sour cream, avocados! You name it we had it! SO GOOD!


First morning... homemade waffles (the best I have ever had) made by Paula (with lots of help from two young waffle experts!) with strawberries and syrup and bacon on the side... Oh. My. Word.

After our big day at the mountain we came home to prepared snacks by Lisa. Can Monhegan take Lisa on EVERY field trip!? Please!?

And then the meal to top all meals... get ready: fresh salad spaghetti with HOME-MADE meatballs... HOME-MADE sauce... and HOMEMADE bread! Seriously! I never eat this good.

And then I thought I was going to faint when Lisa uttered the magical words, "The cake fairy came today... and she brought along her friend the peanut-butter-frosting fairy!" I swear to the cake goddess this was the BEST cake I have EVER had in my ENTIRE life.

All homemade, obviously. This is what my heaven will look like.

The last morning we toasted up the leftover HOMEMADE bread and smoothered it with Lisa's HOMEMADE Isle au Haut grape jelly.

I guess you could guess that I really like my food and my good lord this field trip may go down as the one with the amazing Isle Au Haut food.

HUGE thank you to Lisa. Oh man, you are one good cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment